The Christmas market in Reims is taking place this year from 22 November to 29 December 2019 in front of Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral and throughout the city centre.
The Reims Christmas market is the 3rd largest Christmas market in France, behind those in Strasbourg and Colmar !
This 23rd edition allows visitors to discover the regional specialities, crafts, gift ideas and delicacies offered in the 140 chalets, in a warm and family atmosphere.
Many activities also take place, on and around the Christmas market :
- At nightfall, the facade of the cathedral is adorned with its clothes of light.
- A musical atmosphere animates the market every Wednesday afternoon, from Friday afternoon to Sunday and Monday, December 24.
- The Children’s Kingdom also distills its fairytale in the courtyard of the Palais du Tau, allowing children to enjoy playful and qualitative activities : meeting with Santa Claus, recreational workshops, free ice rink, recreational workshops, wooden games,… and for the older ones, the village of Artisans which welcomes jewellers, glassmakers, ceramists and embroiderers.
- A luminous path, through gigantic “balls of light”, allows visitors to discover the heritage of the entire city every evening and guides them to all the sites of the Christmas Market.
- A 50-metre Ferris wheel is installed at Place d’Erlon from 22 November 2019 to 5 January 2020 to discover the city from the sky. It is open every day from 10am to 10pm.
- The Christmas and Kings Fair, a major fair with more than 100 attractions, will delight lovers of sensations (strong or not).
- The exhibition “Les Noëls de l’Art”, located in the Reims Opera House, will allow the general public to discover crafts.
- The Place d’Erlon and its alleys will be overhung by a bright ceiling and a majestic 15-metre high fir tree will be installed.
On the Reims Cathedral place and in the city centre
Monday : from 2:00 to 8:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday : from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm
Friday and Saturday : from 10:30 am to 9:00 pm
December 24 and December 31 : closing at 6:00 pm
Closed on December 25th
+33 (0)184.108.40.206.50 (Monday to Friday)